Wednesday, March 4, 2009

TRUST

Greetings of God’s Peace to all of you around the world!

Well, it has been a few weeks since we have had this chance to look into God’s Word together. Many of you have said that you were in prayer for my trip. I really appreciate this. We could feel the prayers. My traveling partner was Pastor Dennis Hilman. Many of you know him as he is a full time missionary with The Foreign Mission of the ALCA.

Since I did not tell you where I went before the trip, I can tell you now. We went to India. It is a special place and we really enjoyed the trip. I am especially thankful that we were able to share God’s Word with so many Christians. I also am so thankful that so many non Christians were able to either come to the services, or hear them broadcast by speakers over the villages.

I learned so many valuable lessons on this trip. These included lessons about dedication, sacrifice, caring, sharing, and much more. This was shown by the Christians in India. The single most important thing I learned was about trust. So many things have happened since early December when I was first asked to go on this trip, until the trip was over, that this issue of Trust has become clearer to me. This is what we will look into scripture about this week.

Psalm 62:6-9 (KJV)
He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. 7In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. 8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

You can see that verse 8 says Trust in him at all times; This does not mean, trust in him only when convenient, or when we have money, food, or all the good things. This does not mean only in the large things or in the good times. TRUST in Him at all times.

I first did not want to go to India. This is because I had already planned to go to the Philippines. Also, I had heard of the terrorist attacks, and about the persecution of Christians in certain parts of that country. I am so glad now that God appointed me to go to India. I needed to learn about trust. Many things along the way happened perfectly that I was worried about. Some where small things like, would I be able to eat the food? No problem, in fact I enjoyed it. Things like would the travel go smooth and safely, how will they find me at the airport since we had never seen each other? Also I worried about many other such things. Then there were also big things I worried about. Would God be able to use such a one as I to minister His Word in this far off land? Would He supply me with words to speak? Would He provide me with texts from the Bible to use? Again and again He provided for all. It was revealed to me that I had not been Trusting in Him enough.

I even had a physical injury to my leg to teach me this lesson further. After many days of pastors training and services, we decided to take the children from the orphanage to the river. There I was running with the boys and I injured my leg quite badly. I had torn a hamstring. If you know what this is, it is quite painful. I had never had this injury before so I was concerned. I had to hobble back home which was quite a long walk. Once there for only a few minutes, a medical Doctor walked into the house. He was not called; he just came to visit because he had come back to town from where he now lives. He looked at my leg and treated me. This is the first time a medical doctor walked into the house where I have been in my life. See, God was teaching me to Trust. After only a day or two, our visit at this place was over. The next place we went to was the home of a Doctor. I have never in my life stayed with a Doctor. This Doctor also treated my ailment faithfully. See, I needed to learn Trust, and teach me the Lord did. He was with me at all times!

Dear reader! The Lord is also with you at all times. Have total Faith in Him. Trust in Him always. His Word promises that He will never leave or forsake us! Hebrews 13:5 (KJV)
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

God wants us to know, that even the small things are in His hands. He also wants us to know, that since He is watching over even these small things, He will also for sure watch over the big things in our lives.

Sometimes the answers He gives us do not feel good at first. Sometimes we think He did not hear our prayers. Remember, James 5:16 (KJV) says this way!
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

God does hear our Prayers! TRUST in HIM at all times!

In Christ’s Love and Care! John

No comments: