Tuesday, June 3, 2014

We Just Have Today

Dear Weekly Readers,  

I pray that all is well with each of you today!  The below is a good reminder for all of us!  Sometimes we can miss the point and while we think we are doing the right thing, we miss what is right in front of us.  May God help each of us, and give us wisdom and fill us with His Love, so we would do what He would have us to do!

May God Bless your week!  John R.


WE JUST HAVE TODAY
by Mother Teresa

I do not agree with the big way of doing things. To us, what matters is the individual To get to love the person, we must come in close contact with Him. lf we wait till we get the numbers, then we will be lost in numbers, and we will never be able to show that love and respect for the person. I believe in person to person.

Every person is Christ for me, and since there is only one Jesus, there is only one person in the world for me at that moment. We talk about the poor but very little to the poor. There is so much talk about the hunger and ail that, that we'll have food after ten years, so much food--in the meantime, somebody's dying for a piece of bread and we don't even look at that person.

When they were having a very, very big conference in Bombay and they were calculating in fifteen years' time, how much food they'll have and right in front of the house, there was a man about iwenty-five, twenty-six years old actually dying of hunger. so I took him, put him in the car with me, By the time I reached our house, he died and he died purely of hunger.

This opened my eyes-they are calculating for tomorrow and the meantime, today, many people are dying for a piece of bread. I have never experienced saying to the people, I don't have, I can't give you. There's never been a time when we didn't have one more plate of rice, one more bed, or more dose of medicine.

We are for today; when tomorrow will come we shall see what we can do. Somebody is thirsty for water today, hungry for food today. Tomorrow we will not have them if we don't feed them today. So be concerned with what you can do today. The future is so much in the hands of God. I find it much more easy to accept today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow has not come, and I have only today. So very often if I have to be busy with tomorrow, I may neglect my people today.

And so, since we have just that one day, I prefer to put all my love and care and energy to that individual.....because I believe in loving just one person that is with me at the time. And, tomorrow may never come, that's in the hands of God, no?

And that is the wonderful gift of God that he has not given us--that is His great love for us that He has not given us to know the future. We fear the future because we are wasting the today. From Where There is Love, There ls God.



edited by Brian Kolodieichuk, MC.

No comments: