Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Kept By the Power of God


Dear Weekly Readers!   God’s Peace!
I am sure many of you have heard about the bombing that took place in our country in Boston, MA, USA.
This came very close to me yesterday as I was at the very site of the bombing, at the exact place, just a little while before.    I was there with thousands of other people for a couple hours.   For whatever the reason, God caused me to leave that area before the bomb went off.  
Each day God’s grace is so amazing.  Yesterday it was obvious to me that it was not my turn to die or be injured.  However, do I even realize how many times our loving God protects me when I do not even know about it?
The other thought that comes to mind is that life is short.   James 4:14  Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
Yesterday the whole world heard about this bombing.  At the same time, thousands of other people died of other causes without notice.  Things such as accidents, cancer, snake bites, illness, old age, and so forth.  Life in general is a dangerous place.   Are we ready to meet our maker?  Are our sins washed away by the blood of Jesus today?  1 John 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
It is very sure, we will die.  Hebrews 9:27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:   We will not escape death.
Are you ready?  Death can come at any minute.  Let us make sure that these words written pertain to us:    Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
The events of the cross of Jesus Christ are still close to our heart because the time that we commemorated these events has so recently passed.   However, let us remember EACH DAY that we are crucified with Christ, and now Christ lives in us, and we live by His faith and are:  kept by the Power of God.  1 Peter 1:5   Because Jesus died, man can live!
Let us turn each day over to His care and keeping!  Let us know and understand that any and all endeavors, goals, desires, wishes, dreams, or whatever, are only made possible by His Grace and Mercy, and that we need to come humbly before Him in thankfulness and adoration each day, thanking God for all of His provisions for our body, life, and eternal life!
May God Bless your week.   John Ruotsala