Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Does Jesus Christ Reign Supreme in Your Heart?


Dear Weekly Readers!

Please enjoy this week’s article written by a David Impola from Washington, USA.
    
I desire that you would pray for the Christians in America, as well as their children, that Jesus would always remain the Rock of our Salvation.

May God Bless your Week.  John R.


Does Jesus Christ Reign Supreme in Your Heart?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  John 14:6

In the past as we considered our status with God, being convicted of our sins by the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit, we became beggars of His grace. This is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (John 17:3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3) How has it been since then? Have we become so much better that perhaps we aren't in need of God's grace as much? My experience, even as Apostle Paul's was, is that I feel I am a greater sinner in need of more grace. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. (Romans 7:19)

The fact of the matter is that we always were great sinners from day one, but we were not fully aware of it. As life goes on, the Holy Spirit magnifies in a greater measure the depravity of our flesh. Apostle Paul cries out, O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord... (Romans 7:24-25)

 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. (John 8:36) For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. (2 Corinthians 8:9)

May we continue to pray and praise God that He gives us more grace to believe our many sins forgiven in the name and precious blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. (2 Peter 3:18)

The living church of Christ on this earth has always been looked upon as weak and beggarly. The children of God are looked upon as insignificant by the religious world's standards. The devil, with his agents, may whisper: "Psst! Follow me. I know of an easier way." The ever-abiding Spirit of God within us will soar to life telling the devil to go away! Jesus Christ is my Rock. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. (Psalm 18:2)

 Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me… (Psalm 28:1) He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.(Psalm 62:6)

Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast… (Hebrews 6:19)

Oh, how blessed it will be when our King, the Lord Jesus Christ who reigns supreme in our hearts and our lives, shall say,…. Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from thefoundation of the world. (Matthew 25:34)

Sad, sad, it will be for those who do not know Jesus Christ as their Savior. Their false confidence and security in their own efforts to appease the wrath of God will not work. Their righteousness is as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6). There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

(Proverbs 16:25) The Lord will say to those who do not have the seal of promise, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. (Matthew 25:41)

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20)


"Awake! The voice still soundeth,

'Tis now the accepted hour;

The grace of God aboundeth

To save from sin's dread power.

Make haste, implore Christ's favor,

Thy sins confess, and bow Before Thy Lord and Savior;

The accepted time is now." (Frans Mikael Franzen)

No comments: