Friday, May 21, 2010

Oil in our Lamps

Dear Weekly Readers! God’s Peace!

“Oil for the light”… Exodus 25:6

We remember from scriptures that the wise virgins had oil in their lamps and the foolish virgins did not. Dear reader, the oil is the Holy Ghost. Without the Holy Ghost, which is the third person of the Godhead, there simply is no light. It is impossible to light our light shine, unless we have been anointed by the Holy Ghost.

Let us pray that each one who calls themselves a Christian would know that no matter what we may do, we are not capable of being a light to the world without the Holy Ghost.
“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration and the renewing of the Holy Ghost.” Titus 3:5

The light of Jesus shines through us by the power of the Holy Ghost! Always remember that the Word of God and the Holy Ghost agree in one. We cannot say that we are following the leading of the Holy Ghost if we are doing against what scripture records.

Let us all pray that beginning with ourselves, that we would earnestly desire to keep our light burning. Keep reading God’s Word, keep praying, keep fellowshipping with other believers, and attending the church services. These are all ways that we are fed and nourished from His word and are ways by which we are given strength by God to continue on in the battle against the enemy or our souls, the world, and our own flesh!

Let us also pray for our pastors, leaders, fellow congregants and other Christians, that they too would understand the importance of having this oil in our lamps.
Pray that they would have truth, life, joy, holiness, love, knowledge, and the many other attributes and characteristics of one that possesses the light and becomes like a sunbeam!

Galatians 2:20 says: “ I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ which liveth in me: and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
Are we living by the faith of the Son of God? If we are, then we have the Holy Ghost and the oil is in our lamps. Then we can truly be a light unto this dark world! There is no other way!

We have a children’s song in America that talks about being a sunbeam for Jesus! Our small children often sing this song. I will put a copy below since it seems fitting to our topic today! Perhaps you can teach it to your children and Sunday School children.

Let us let our light shine! The sunbeams of the morning pierce the darkness! It shows light to the lost. There is hope for the sinner, those lost and weary souls. Dear reader, if you do not yet have the light in your heart, remember, today is the day of Grace! Seek the Lord while He may be found! Seek Him out where He is today, in the heart of a true Christian Brother or Sister! Call out today, repent and believe the gospel!

May God Bless your week! John R.

Verse 1) Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, To shine for Him each day; In every way try to please Him, At home, at school, at play.
Refrain: A sunbeam, a sunbeam, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam; A sunbeam, a sunbeam, I’ll be a sunbeam for Him.
Verse 2) Jesus wants me to be loving, And kind to all I see; Showing how pleasant and happy His little one can be.
Refrain
Verse 3) I will ask Jesus to help me To keep my heart from sin, Ever reflecting His goodness, And always shine for Him.
Refrain
Verse 4) I’ll be a sunbeam for Jesus; I can if I but try; Serving Him moment by moment, Then live with Him on high.
Refrain

No comments: