Tuesday, May 5, 2009

God's Word is for Life!

The Holy Word of God has the answer to all of life’s questions. This week I will share with you how the Word of God has worked and comforted me so often in my life.
From my youth up until this day, I thank the Lord that He has kept me aware that although I am weak, He is strong.

God’s Word is not just some words formed into a book. It is the Bread of Life for us. There is so much in it for all times and in all parts of life. It is how we find our way, it is how we continue on this journey.

Below are some of the ways and verses the Holy Scripture has helped me in my life.

* Some of my earliest memories as a boy included many of the simple things that most children deal with. If I was afraid of the dark, scared in a thunderstorm, sad, or had questions, the Word of the Lord came and said to me like the song: Jesus Loves Me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Many children still today love this song. It is so obviously true, and the Bible does tell us that Jesus loves all of us, not only children.

* As I grew up, if I had questions I just had to remember that Jesus said: John 14:6 (KJV)
..I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
No man or teacher was able to tell me that the way I have learned in Sunday school, church, and from my parents was wrong because I had this and other verses in the Bible.

* When I become fearful, I just need to read in so many places such as: Luke 24:36 (KJV)
And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
This word Peace is used so often in the Bible. Jesus wants us to remember that He gives us peace. There is no need to have fear if we turn to Jesus!

* When I am tempted I must remember the Word says: James 1:12 (KJV)
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
And Peter says: 1 Peter 1:6 (KJV)
Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:


* When I need to be uplifted and feel that I am worthless, God’s Holy Word says: Philip. 4:13 (KJV) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

* If my pride begins to get the upper hand God’s Word says: Proverbs 16:18 (KJV)
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Jesus all said in Mark 10:31 (KJV) But many that are first shall be last; and the last first. There is no reason to boast except in Christ Jesus our Lord.

* If I have sinned against my brother, the Holy Word tells me in James 5:16 (KJV)
Confess your faults one to another….

* If I am looked down on for confessing His name:
1 Peter 3:14 (KJV)
But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

1 Peter 4:14 (KJV)
If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

* If I worry that Jesus has left me: Hebrews 13:5 (KJV) … for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Are you getting the picture? Every thought you could possible have, every doubt, every fear, every temptation, there are verses in the scripture to help you through. God has given us this marvelous book to help us in our journey. Over and above this Holy Word he has given us, He has given us the Comforter, the Holy Spirit to dwell in our hearts to help us along, to guide us and keep us!

Would you allow me to mention a few more of these bible verses that have helped me so much in my walk as a Christian?

* When I was having the worst financial times of my life, God gave me a release from earthly desires for a season by dropping on me like a ton of bricks this verse: Matthew 6:19 (KJV)
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: Do not let financial stresses ruin your life in Christ; earthly riches do not last anyway.

* When I wonder about the last day: 1 Thes. 4:16-17 (KJV)
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

* When I need assurance of Salvation I can read: 1 Peter 1:5 (KJV)
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. I want to be kept by no other power than the power of Almighty God.

I hope and trust that you have the picture of what has helped me through this life. There are so many more verses that I rely on, but I will not put them all here. Remember, the Word of God is here for us! Christians are here for us. The opportunity of having a prayer life is here for us! The Holy Spirit is in the hearts of His Believers! Rely fully on these things and you will by God’s grace realize your problems are only passing. Run the race full force! Fight the fight of Faith. Finish the course. The rewards are so great, much greater than any on this earth. God will help you each day of your journey if we turn to Him!

No comments: